- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain, coach or manager approach the official during a break or after the competition.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials, sledging other players or deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in any sport.
- Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team. Your team’s performance will benefitand so will you.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are made by your team or the opposition.
All parents must:
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
- Focus on your child’s efforts and performance rather than whether they win or lose.
- Encourage children to play according to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- Remember that children learn best by example. Appreciate good performance and skilful plays by all participants.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Respect officials’ decisions and teach children to do likewise.
- Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators. Without them, your child could not participate.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
Coaches / Managers
Coaches/Managers should :
- Remember that young people participate for pleasure, and winning is only part of the fun.
- Never ridicule or yell at a young player for making a mistake or not coming first.
- Be reasonable in your demands on players’ time, energy and enthusiasm.
- Operate within the rules and spirit of your sport and teach your players to do the same.
04 Aug 17 | Noosa Lions Football Club secures one of Australia’s Best Coaches[...]
28 Jun 17 | HOME GAMES @ NOOSA LIONS FC : SATURDAY 1 JULY VS WOOMBYE SAT[...]
Refer to our FB page for latest event updates
Fixtures and Weather